donderdag 27 januari 2022

mail aan trauma research center Bessel van der Kolk

Hi everybody,

I just watched the recorded zoom meeting by host Philip Wolfson from 2020 about neuroscience and psychedelics with the panel of 4 with Bessel van der Kolk. I've been following Bessel for a while after reading his book. In the first place because of my own need for useful answers to my personal quest since my twenties. Bessel said something nice at the end of this meeting that led me to contacting you, namely that our narrow constricted view of the world is indeed very constricted, the cultural corset that we live in. I already felt that as a child, but I couldn't convey it in any way to the people around me. And that has led to a life in which I have felt myself crying in the desert (this is a dutch saying).

But certainly and especially because I am intrigued by what happens to people after trauma, and how they can be helped. Currently working as a nurse, but I would like to make the switch to research and mental health. Because you want to build a community and I completely agree with the approach and ideas, I would like to get in touch with like-minded people in the Netherlands. Possibly also to gain experience with psychedelics and to spread similar work here in the Netherlands. So my question is: are there people within your network that I could contact?

I sincerely hope to be able to get in touch with like-minded people to continue and further shape the work here.


kindly,

Carry Verrijt 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

bericht aan Heiderieke

 Hoi Heiderieke, Graag wil ik nog even terugkomen op onze laatste gesprekken. Ik heb er even over na moeten denken en weet eigenlijk nog ste...